Saturday, February 21, 2009

Learning to Walk in an Afternoon

We've been trying to get Lauren to take a few steps this week, but until today, she would sit right down when we would let go of her. I don't know if the stars were aligned today or what, but she not only took a step this afternoon, but four or five. By the evening, she was standing on her own and taking several steps. It seems to be her preferred mode of choice today. She should be walking to her birthday cake on Tuesday.

First steps about 3 p.m. today

Third pass already taking more steps. Mom just got too excited and made her lose her concentration turning around.

At 5:30 p.m., she did a variation on her own of scooting on one knee.



But then, she decided to walk without help at about 6 p.m. She did it the rest of the night.

6 comments:

Powell Family said...

That is soooo cute! And I love that you caught it on camera. What a treasure! Happy Birthday on Tuesday!!! (hopefully it will be less eventful than last year, eh?)

Kim and Steve said...

happy birthday Lauren! wow..walking?! she is growing up to fast!

Anonymous said...

what a cutie. I wish that I could have been there for her party.

Janessa Taylor said...

Omigosh, that is SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! She is so independent too--wonder where she gets that from? :)

Jill and Greg said...

Wow! I have never seen anyone learn to walk so quickly--after all, Michelle walked on her knees for months! I am really amazed! What a cutey!

becky said...

Woo hoo! YAY Lauren. She's getting to be such a little lady! She'll be running laps around the house in no time.

My favorite part is Heather's excited, "Oh my goodness" exclamation. So Heather!