Thursday, February 12, 2009

10-Minute Tornado


Warning: Annette and Child Protective Services should not read this post

Tonight while I was at Hale Centre Theatre (a client) doing some work, Jay called me to insist we "baby proof" the house better. When I asked what put him in such an unusually demanding state, he recounted his past 10 minutes with Lauren. Apparently, she crawled into the piano room first and pulled the corner shelf piece down on top of her. (Funny enough only the little wood thing broke, but the crystal dish and glass mirror were fine.) He ran and got her and as he was putting it back up, she found an ibuprofen I had dropped earlier (and had looked for and then decided I must have taken it without remembering) that Jay got from her just before she put it in her mouth. She then went to the kitchen and used her drawer to stand up and open two drawers above it to the b-que tools drawer and was trying to pull out the large, sharp fork. Jay said she skipped the placemats drawer directly above her lid drawer because it wasn't as exciting as the b-que utensil drawer. As Jay was closing that she crawled over to the glass bowls/pans cupboard and started removing a glass dish. Needless to say, she is not content to be in one place anymore. And she's not even walking yet!
Her favorite things to grab (and stick in her mouth) are any type of cord, the raffia grass in the fake plants and Shaunie's cat, who retaliated by scratching baby's head yesterday.

2 comments:

Phil and Becca said...

it starts...I'm so sorry. That was about the same time it started for Zachary and it's still going. Sometimes I just want to rip my hair out and said, "Get out of here!" The bathroom is especially bad because he can reach into my makeup drawer and suck on all my eyelid brushes. Pretty gross! Baby proofing is a great idea. It keeps us (parents) sane, I think.

Michelle and Andrew said...

oh heather, it has begun, i am sorry. just wait until she can unscrew all the child-proof medicine caps off.