Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grandpa's Funeral

This weekend we had the privilege of celebrating Grandpa Gollaher's life. I'm grateful he had the chance to meet Lauren first. At the funeral, Aunt Shaunie shared a list of things he had written that he was grateful for in his life. They included his family and their service to the church, his grandchildren and their service to the church, grandma's cooking (of course), his parents for teaching him how to work and the priveledge of being born in this country. The sisters were able to sing together, "Precious Lord, Take My Hand," at the funeral, which was an honor. Dad shared how he was a transitional figure for his family in both receiving an education (two master's degrees) and being sealed in the temple and staying faithful in the church.

The Navy honor guard paid salute at the gravesite and was amazing. I know Grandpa was so proud of his country and service in the war and we're proud of him. I'm glad he can be with his siblings and parents again. I will miss his hugs and sense of humor. When I would hug him and rub his back he would always say he would give me 20 minutes to stop that. It was great to have the whole family there together and spend time - especially Joe home from Iraq (LUM).


Our last photo visiting Grandpa
The fam together again
Has any baby ever been so loved??!!

2 comments:

Janessa Taylor said...

My baby will be hahaha (evil laugh!) :)

Phil and Becca said...

I love that you included the last picture of grandpa. It'll be great to remember all the good things