We had the privilege of spending Thanksgiving this year in Reno with Becca and Phil and fam. Lauren was mostly good on the drive there and back and the scenery was breathtaking - NOT!
Bec and I cooked and it was truly the best turkey I've ever done. The trick I learned on the Food Network is to not use the pop-up timer that comes with the turkey, but a meat thermometer to know when to take it out. Otherwise, it gets overdone because the turkey manufacturers don't want the liability of the pop-up coming up before it's done. So try that next year if your turkey is always dry.
Other menu items included mashed potatoes, yams (which I got Bec to eat with me), stuffing (in the turkey), cranberry slush, gravy, cranberry-apple relish, Grandma Long's rolls and plenty of apple and pumpkin pie.
It was so fun to hang out, play Wii, do after Thanksgiving shopping, watch Lauren play with cousins Kaylin and Zach-Zach and all their fun toys and also interact with new baby Jared. Bec even watched Lauren so we could go to the temple. I'd never been to a small temple and it was very efficient:). Thank you Bec and Phil! You are welcome at our house any time.
Becca posted more photos and info on her blog, http://phillipandrebecca.blogspot.com/
7 years ago
1 comment:
And what BEAUTIFUL aprons you have on!!! I LOVE the ruffles especially! :)
Post a Comment