Jay doesn't have too many battles he's willing to wage, so it always surprises me when he chooses seemingly random things to have a strong opinion.
I discovered one of these disagreements on Christmas morning when I preferred the Gollaher family option of having the children dressed and hair done (Lauren's too young to make her bed too) before opening presents so that the photos are cute. I "won" this year because Lauren didn't really know what was going on anyway.
I can see from my sisters' blogs of Christmas morning photos with scattered hair and jammies, that I am the only sibling partial to this tradition. Jay says its part of the memories to have photos in pjs and knotted hair and sleep-deprived eyes.
Help us solve this before next year. Your thoughts?
7 years ago
8 comments:
I'm sorry but I am with Jay. It is part of the fun! (although I made sure I wasn't in any!) Either way works though!
Jammies and knotted hair, for sure! Who wants to take the time to get dressed. Anticipation kills!
Yep, I always thought the "get dressed, cleaned up, etc." thing Mom and Dad made us do was LAME!!! Jammies and tired eyes for sure! It's part of the magic of Christmas! (ok, that last part may sound a little cheesy :)
My mom started that tradition with us one year when we got an awful photo of her...we hated it! I think jammies and crazy hair is part of the fun, plus then you can use the photos as blackmail later! Hope you guys had a great holiday - despite the disagreement:)!
Kids don't need to have their hair done and clothes on to look cute silly . . . now adults, that's another topic. I would love if I looked all ready myself in the christmas morning pics, but it's seems so contrived. :)
Well--I think little ones look great in jammies with their hair messy. Your dad was the one who insisted on this dumb idea. So you can blame him. I would love to have done the new jammie thing every year too...but dad thought that was unnecessary. I lost on that one! So you know that dad wore the pants in our family! (Just not jammie pants.) Anyway, we did have some Christmas mornings with the kids in jammies. but for sure their beds were made!!! He's terrible! But...I won the wrapped presents argument. I insisted on this. Santa always wrapped my presents and I was insistent that Santa would wrap our kids gifts too!
Fofa
As a child, I was too excited to go through the morning getting ready routine, but looking at our pictures as adults, I can see why I should have gotten ready for the pictures. My stance is children shouldn't have to, parents can if they want to.
Hey, where's those prego pics, chica?! :) I bet you look great!
Post a Comment