Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick-or-Treater Trauma

We hope Lauren is not traumatized for life.

We took her trick-or-treating and it may as well have been the doctor's office. Sure, she thought it was fun to dress as a cow and say "moo," and she loved her pumpkin ("punt-kin") and running around the neighborhood; however, the going up to the doors to beg for treats was a different story. She had a complete meltdown at the first house and by the fifth house of her crying at the door and holding on to me or dad for dear life, we were done. I don't think she understood they were giving her treats, but she was still polite and through her crying still said thank you ("oh-do"). I'm sure she'll catch on next year.



Post Trick-or-Treat:


We came home and enjoyed time with Claire and Nu-Nee who had come up to join in the fun. Lauren had a hard time sharing her toy basket with Claire, who had climbed in. Lauren decided to climb in with her, which I thought was really cute. She read a book to Claire while she was in there and let her chase her down the hall later, so all was well.

Speaking of sharing, I went to Lauren's pumpkin later that night to take a piece of her candy, and discovered Jay re-gifted it to the trick-or-treaters. Share and share alike.

Pre-Trick-0r-Treating:

Before trick-or-treating we showed off her costume and had a fabulous steak dinner at Shaunie and Bart's house. The cousins posed with Lauren in their costumes. Painho/DAd, who was there, suggested we put Brett's costume photo on his mission application. Happy 50th birthday to Bart too.
Before Halloween:
On Friday I had my work potluck where we do a costume contest. I won last year. This year, I decided to use it as an opportunity to go ahead and tell the group my growing secret. With my work in transportation, I decided to accentuate my belly and be a speed bump. I wore all black and put yellow stripes across my belly. Then I had a speed bump sign on my head. I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought it would be and I ended up having to explain it. At least now I won't have to choose my wardrobe as carefully.

Hope you all had a great Halloween. On to the next hyped-up, commercialized holiday.

3 comments:

Jill and Greg said...

The little ones are so cute! Yeah i hope she isn't traumatized for life. And I love your photos that you had taken at Penneys--they are adorable and I think the family one is nice----we love you all!

Mom

Allison said...

what a cute cow! and I like your costume idea for work...clever!

Janessa Taylor said...

That was SO fun!! Thanks Heathe! I LOVE that video of Lauren running...she is such a cutie!! Next year, can you believe it...Claire will be running too!! Crazy! Oh and you can steal any pics off my blog post..I still need to send you a few too!