Sunday, March 1, 2009

Celebrating Lauren's First

We celebrated Lauren's first birthday this Saturday with family. Nuie, Bec, Teek, Shaunie, Bart and cousins were all there as well as Great Grandma Gollaher and Grandma and Grandpa Barnum. It was a rubber ducky theme. Lauren showed off her clapping skills all afternoon and also walked around a lot. She wore her baby blue ducky jumper for the occasion. Here are some highlights:

Lauren clapping

Enjoying a new toy from Great Grandma

Playing with the Little People car from G&G Barnum

Enjoying the hangers more than the cute lavendar dress from Shaunie and Co

The ribbon Great Grandma chose was a hit

Her first fishy from Shaunie. We hope it lives.

She loved her strawberry cake

Lauren's new flirty cocked head look she gives to everyone for attention

Blowing out the candle with mommy's help

Playing pin the wing on the ducky. The one on the door is Carissa's.

Mom's attempt at a ducky in the bathtub cake. It tasted good at least.

Pick's idea for a themed drink was a hit

Thank you to everyone! I love you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lo-Lo. Loved the caked and the punch bowl. So original! Was the punch "purplesaurus rex"? Remember that to make the best coolaid, you must put the powder and the sugar over the ice, let it sit for 10 minutes, then add water. This is the Grandma Fern way!

Anonymous said...

What a fun party. Wish we could have been there.

Jill and Greg said...

Oh---I wish we had been there. Looks like everyone had fun! Carissa did a great job on Pin the wing on the duck! He he! See you next Monday!

Happy Birthday to Lauren!

Michelle and Andrew said...

oh it turned out so cute. we are sad we weren't there to celebrate. can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks and claire's blessing. btw my volleyball team is in the finals on thursday! yeah good luck to your team.

Tonee said...

I love the pic with cake all over her face! Seriously her eyes and eyelashes are to DIE for! You should call her "eyelashes!" She's beautiful heather! Can't believe she's growing up sooooo fast!
Tonee

Troy and Tina said...

Heather, what a cute birthday celebration and an adorable one-year-old bundle of joy! I really can't believe she's one already. That seems like it went by fast. I loved the ducky theme, and the punch and cake were so creative. I don't think I would think of that on my own. Kudos for that!

becky said...

Cute, cute, cute. Lauren just gets more adorable by the day! I love her "flirty" look.

And check out Martha Stewart Barnum. That cake is awesome. Heather, you're crafty! :)

Happy Birthday, Ms. Lauren.

Anonymous said...

I love the cake!! Lauren is such a cutie. Wish I wasn't so far away so I could have been there. :)