Saturday, March 21, 2009

Showing Some Leg

Jay got hurt last week at training. A guy sat on the outside of his knee and bent it in as they were doing defensive tactics. Jay is on crutches and at home waiting for Workman's Comp to approve and schedule an MRI to see what is wrong exactly and what recovery needs to happen. It's been frustrating to say the least. He will not be able to finish POST with this class and will need to return with the next class once he's fully healed.

The first photo is last Friday. You can see the swelling on the hurt knee (and all the way down the leg) and how off his kneecap is. The second photo is today, 10 days later and how bruised he is.

We appreciate Fof and Painho's timing moving back in time to help with Jay and babykins. Shaunie has been tremendous too. The rest of you, we appreciate your prayers so that hopefully Jay can get the treatment he needs fast, recover, and get well so he can return to class this summer. Painho thinks Jay did this on purpose so that he won't have to dig out the garden this month. Needless to say, all projects are on hold indefinately.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Ouch. I sure you are feeling better and get back on your feet. Take care.
Geoff, Becky, the Girls

Rollins Tribe said...

Ouch!

Janessa Taylor said...

All I can say is OW OW OW OW OW... (I was going to say "Ouch" but then realized that the other commentors took the words out of my mouth, so I had to improvise so as not to look like a "follower.")

Tonee said...

Wowzer! I thought I was the best bruiser in town...guess I was wrong. Well, hope you find out what's wrong and get healing fast. Sorry to hear and see....

Anonymous said...

Oh man- that looks like it hurts! More than anything, it's probably frustrating. When Kyle broke his ankle last year he couldn't stand it. He was so used to moving and being busy, that the time home stuck on the couch drove him crazy! :) Hope he feels better soon!

becky said...

Um, that's a lot of white (and yellow and purple) hairy leg, Jay. ;)

You are tough as nails. Hope you recover speedily!

Troy and Tina said...

Always showing off your scars and wounds. Nothing ever changes ;) Get better soon.

Troy