Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Startling Realization

Fof brought her now famous compilation of "Grandma's Favorite Songs" CD for Lauren. Yesterday, I stuck it in on the way to work instead of my usual KSL news radio. Soon I was singing along to Raffi, Sesame Street and the Muppets without batting an eye. Baby was singing along too. She especially liked Ernie's "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" so I've added it to her bedtime repertoire. I realized I am now officially a mom and may never know what's going on in the world again. Scary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, I loved that CD. Child 2 or 3 ruined mine. Do you love me enough to copy yours and send it to me? I promise that your package that has been on my counter for 2+ weeks will SOON be in the mail to you.

Michelle and Andrew said...

a word of caution--diversify or you will be throwing that "Grandma's Favorite Songs out the window! Sorry FOFA! Just make sure you have many CDS for Lauren, because right now I think I have heard the same Disney Mania version of Cruella DeVille 7,000 times! I used to like it.

Jill and Greg said...

Michelle--I am sooooo offended! How can you say that about Raffi and Muppets and all?? I guess I will have to come up with grandma's favorites part 2 so you will have a change!

Fof

Powell Family said...

Heather, wow, I never thought you'd turn off talk radio and go for Raffi! I'm in shock. I mean really, who doesn't love bananaphone?