Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quick Cheese Biscuits

Ann-Marie keeps calling me for this recipe that I made in Chicago that everyone loves. It is what I do when I don't have bread, rolls, french bread, etc. for a meal. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Really easy. So I am sharing it with anyone else who likes that combo (fast, easy, convienent):

1 c flour
2/3 c milk
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c shreaded cheddar cheese (AM likes more)
2 Tbsp butter

Preheat 450 F. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in cheese. Cut in butter with pastry blender until corse crumbs form. Using a fork, stir milk into mixture until soft dough forms. Do not over mix. Drop dough in heaping spoonful one inch apart onto baking sheet. Bake until firm to touch - about 10-15 min. Makes 8 or so depending on spoonful size. Can double no problem.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good, because I lost the scrap of paper that I wrote it down on. These are good rolls.

Michelle and Andrew said...

yeah great for all those with new years recolutions could you not have put a good non-dairy, flourless, vegan-style buscuit instead? i mean come on...they look too tempting. Can anyone say saboteur?

Janessa Taylor said...

yumm :) I'll have to try these!