Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quinn's Personal Trainer

Quinn continues to fill out, but has not been back on the charts for his weight again until his doctor appt last week. He's now 16.5 lbs, which puts him in the 1 percentile. At 10 months, he's just starting to do things he hadn't had energy to try or do before the surgery. We got him eating solids without gagging while in Chicago, so the first order of business last weekend when we got home was to make a bunch of baby food. For those of you who don't make it, it is sooo easy and a great cost savings. I made all of Lauren's and am so glad I did. It just takes a long and messy afternoon.

We went to his first physical therapy appointment and they put him "well below" an average 10-month-old in his physicality. They did a PT test and put him at about a 4-6 month old. We're going to be taking him in weekly for the next few months to get him rolling to get things, sitting on his own and maybe even crawling. They estimate about 4 months, but we expect him to be advanced of course. There's nothing wrong with his kicking, which he continues to with full force everytime he's on the floor. He's such a good baby and didn't cry at all as the PT moved him around and put him in uncomfortable positions. We love this little guy!


 His beefier self. Nathan pointed out that his scars look like an exclamation point.
 I did 13 different combinations and put them into freezer bags that can lay flat for fast defrost and space.

Our cute boy.

2 comments:

Tonee said...

I made my own baby food with Geddy and loved it and thought it was waay easy too! I figured when the fruit/veggie is about 1.00 a pound, it's still about a 50% savings over jarred food, and of course much fresher. Way to go you domestic you! Quinn is so cute. I think he will learn all those things faster than 4 months too. He seems like such a great boy!

Allison said...

Cute little guy. I love the last picture of him. Glad he's still doing good!