Friday, April 2, 2010

Jay Turns 30!

This is cute little Jay 29 years ago devouring his first birthday cake. Today he turns 30 (and finally catches up to me). Here are 30 reasons I love Jay (not in any particular order):
  1. He's hot!
  2. He is a hard worker.
  3. He takes out the garbage, does the laundry, cleans the house and takes care of the yard - all without being asked ladies.
  4. Even though I've been in my 30s for four years now, he's never rubbed that in.
  5. He does Lauren's hair every day because he knows it's important to me and buys little bows and barrettes to put in her hair.
  6. He gets excited about doing a project that involves his extensive power tool collection.
  7. He is giving.
  8. He loves doing projects for other people and serving.
  9. He watches "Tigger and Pooh" with Lauren every morning as they cuddle in bed.
  10. He tells himself he's awesome when he fixes something (and he is).
  11. He's funny.
  12. He hands me the remote when I come in the room and he's watching TV.
  13. He studies until late in the night to do well in school.
  14. He takes care of me when I'm sick way better than I take care of him.
  15. His secret gossip side.
  16. His love of music and willingness to go to choir.
  17. He gets up in the middle of the night to change Quinn when I'm too tired.
  18. He takes Lauren to Home Depot just to window shop.
  19. His morbid excitement when he gets a "good call" at work (i.e. someone was close to dying).
  20. His marinades and barbecue.
  21. The cute way he claps his hands when he gets up in front of people (the "seal").
  22. His trash talk when we play games.
  23. The only material things in life he wants are an F150, more tools and a leather recliner and the fact he would still be happy if he never got them.
  24. His willingness to stick to our crazy Gollaher budget.
  25. His willingness to love the crazy Gollaher family.
  26. He doesn't play video games.
  27. His deep inside feelings that are hard to share.
  28. His commitment to the gospel.
  29. His selfless love.
  30. And finally, that there are way more than 30 things I love about him.

I love you! Happy birthday! Feel free to add your favorite things about Jay in the comments.

6 comments:

Rob & Heather said...

Love checking into your blog. Happy Birthday to Jay and thanks for sharing the wonderful things about him.
From your big sis Heather

Janessa Taylor said...

Awwww that's so cute. I love Jay too :) In a sisterly way :) Anyway, you should put more emphasis on the "little" when talking about the clips and bows he puts in Lolo's hair haha :)

Ann-Marie said...

I would have to ditto most of those reasons. Plus I would add that he is a GREAT phone buddy!!

Allison said...

Happy birthday Jay! I can't believe how much Lauren looks like him as a kid!

becky said...

I'm so out of the blogging loop -- I totally missed this. :(

But I ABSOLUTELY think Jay is fabulous. I've experienced his game trash talking and Mr.-fix-it skills first hand and he is AMAZING.

Let's celebrate again late, deal? Happy Belated, Mr. Barnum!

Tonee said...

Oh, how sweet Heather. You do have a good one there!