Quinn Douglas arrived March 2 at around 8:30 a.m. He is 6 lbs. 11 oz. and is 19.5" long.
He looks a lot like Lauren did as a baby:

He looks a lot like Lauren did as a baby:
Quinn (above) Lauren (below)
The delivery went well, but was a little traumatic leading up to it just because I hate IVs and they had to do it twice and then the spinal was scary. I think this one was worse leading up to it than having it all done in emergency mode like Lauren. Jay, I'm sure preferred this way. He was amazing and kept me calm and focused on my breathing and his voice - he kicked into paramedic mode and was so wonderful. I couldn't have done it without him.
The surgery was only about 30 minutes. Quinn was put in the NICU as soon as they pulled him out (they showed him to us for a second) and got his echo to get a look at his heart, which appears to have no other issues besides the hole we'll fix later. I've had just about 20 minutes with him so far, but Jay was able to see him a few more times while I slept. I'm not as mobile yet. He is doing so well that they are going to move him into the well-baby nursery this afternoon and we'll be able to see him a lot more. The NICU nurses all say how cute and calm he is when we call.


Quinn's first visitors - the 17
I was able to get in a wheelchair this morning and go see him another time. We are glad he made it safe and sound and that he is ours. We can't wait for Lauren to meet Baby Brother too.
6 comments:
Oh My Word -- he's GORGEOUS! He looks so much like Lauren. Congrats! Can't wait to meet him!
You're right, he does look a lot like Lauren! I love the name!!! Great job on posting soooo fast, it's great to see him and hear he's doing well. Now you are a Mama to 2 kiddos - - - I can't believe it!!! Love, Tonee
Heathie, He is so cute! I love the new newborns because they are just so little and (I was going to say precious, but that has a different meaning to you hahahaha) calm. I'm so glad that I got to talk to you yesterday. I just love you so much and I'm so glad that you are my sister. You hold a really special place in my heart! That sounds really cheezy, but it's true. you are really amazing and I really look up to you. I wish I could be as patient and as loving to my kids sometimes the way you are with Lauren and no doubt the way you'll be with little Quinn. You are amazing! Quinn is so lucky to have such a wonderful mother and father.
Love the pictures! You forget how small new babies are. He is a keeper!
I'm glad to hear that things went well! He is so cute and tiny! Congrats to both you guys and enjoy all the rest you can get in the hospital Heather.
We saw Lauren at the library today and Jack was so excited he jumped in front of her while she was on Shannon's lap. She just said "Jack" really calm...she's such a cutie!
What more can I say " You just make them cute!" I am so glad he is doing well. Dealing with the heart issue is not a fun emotional roller coaster but I have to tell you I have had many friends recently have babies with similar situations. All are doing so well. I know things will work out great! Love you so much! Congrats you finished a second one!
Post a Comment